We live in a fast-paced, technologically interactive world where globalization has made society homogenous like never before in the history. In the modern time, cultures, beliefs, and values are entwined in such way that they directly impact on the development of human character, determining how they respond in circumstances and deal with adversity. To let our children thrive in current social and technological landscape, we need to shift our focus from syllabus based learning to skill development. According to the World Economic Forum report, the top 10 Skills required in 2020 are:
Complex Problem Solving
Coordinating with Others
Judgment and Decision Making
Why Do We Need These Skills?
Because considering the pace of progress of technology, in coming times, our competition will be with machines-Advanced, Intelligent, and Highly Capable Machines powered by Artificial Intelligence. AI is still at nascent stage, but is handy, which makes the situation more alarming, as for any technology that is technologically viable and economically feasible has the potential to disrupt the prevailing practices. And the concept of AI from papers to hands is extremely viable and so highly disruptive. To comprehend with this technological progress, it is crucial to work on those skills that make us more human, a race that is superior to one and all.
Secondly, globalization has paved paths for talents to cross geographical boundaries and become a part of any community of choice. The result is massive competition among almost equally talented professionals. So after the core talent, the next thing that will be looked for is the skills that add value to the talent like complex problem solving, creativity, and people management that help a person to sustain the competitive environment and gradually adapt to the common practices of the community to contribute more.
The SpieQ Way of Instilling Top10 Skills in Children
Under the headship of our founder, MIT Alumnus and Engineering Gold Medallist, Manmeeet Nayyar, we have built a team of thought leaders, educationalist, thinkers, and psychologists to develop innovative and creative ways to help children develop right skills, enhancing cognitive flexibility. The key objectives of developing these skills are:
- Enable children learn how knowledge can be applied in a situation
- Keep them emotionally and intellectually aware about the everyday life
- Develop leadership qualities by improving on their critical thinking approach and multi-tasking and decision-making abilities
- Inculcating team building and people management skills
Combining Skills and Values
At SpieQ, we urge all the stakeholders of children’s education to participate in creating effective learning strategy, emphasizing on both key skills and human values. So, let us together move towards value based education to infuse self-growth and community & environmental development by cultivating following factors.
- Humanity and Compassion : Having sensitivity to go out of the way in prevailing fairness, kindness, justice, and appreciation
- Success and Failure : Learning that failure is a new learning in itself that the particular step does not lead to success. Getting embarrassed or disheartened from failure is not the right way to deal with it
- Strength and Believes : Self-believe is the greatest source of strength, but be aware about the limitations of self-believe, so that help can be taken at the right time
- I and Universe : Establishing a connection between I and the Universe, learning to find one’s own place in the larger world.
- Leadership and Dreams : Leading others is not the right dream but leading to help others achieve their dream is the right approach.
Real Name : Roraan Shirnaaka
Origin : Planet Earth
power : with the magic of the Q stone embedded in his chest, he can become or create anything he can imagine
Real Name : Kaira Alcanzar
Origin : Unknown
Power : can see the past, present and future of the whole universe and also see into any person's or creature's mind and make them do what she commands.
Steam DIY Toys
© The Discovery Of Magical Magnets
© Exploring the Wonders of Space
© Restoring the Farms of Mahshaan Village
© A Life or Death Robotics Challenge